Monday 2 May 2011




I first started with a simple shape for a head and body using a bold black outline and only colour within the arrow I then started to develop these personalising the figures with characteristics for example one that may be used to find the music block has headphones on its head. This should be obvious enough but there will be an easy to follow key with colour coding also. I realized that spreading these around the grounds may not be very successful if they are too spread out as not all would follow a straight line so I decided that splattered paint it droplets would connect each figure and the paint colour will match the colour that the figure has inside its arrow. Finally I looked back at some of D*face' work and decided to sharpen the figures a bit - unlike his work and Blek le Rat I have not used much detail but I did add some more shadow and character. I think as most of their work is presented in large scales as solo pieces not full way finding it was important to make adjustments accordingly and not over complicate these as people need to be able to follow them easily without it seeming too clustered or confusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment